On April 22nd, we celebrate Earth Day to demonstrate support for environmental protection. Here at Applied Statistic and Management, Inc. (ASM), we are proud to continuously provide products reducing the healthcare industry’s carbon footprint. Our software solutions eliminate the need for printing provider applications, peer references, reviews, and more! The average employee in the US prints 10,000 pages per year. According to Green Girl Recycling, it takes 24 trees to make 1 ton of uncoated virgin (non-recycled) office paper or 16.67 reams of paper. That is 29 trees for 10,000 pages. For every 100 employees, that is 2,900 trees annually!
Other facts about paper and the environment. *
- Global paper use has increased by 400% in the last 40 years.
- Average person in the US uses more than 700 pounds of paper every year.
- Paper manufacturing produces nitrogen oxides and sulfur oxides, which contribute to acid rain, and carbon dioxide, a greenhouse gas that contributes to climate change.
- The U.S. cuts down approximately 68 million trees each year to produce paper products.
- An estimated 18 million acres of forest are lost each year to paper production. That’s the equivalent of 20 football fields every minute.
At ASM, we are committed to developing products toward a more sustainable future for the healthcare industry and our families. Our products, such as MD-App, are designed to eliminate the need for paper and printing. We recognize our obligation to our clients to not only save time and costs but save our planet. Sustainable initiatives to make the world better.