We care about your privacy.
Last Updated: February 20, 2023
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
The information we collect about you depends on how you interact with us or use our Services. In this section, we describe the categories of information we collect and the sources of this information.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us when you create your MD-Staff Passport account. The types of information that we collect include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, national provider identifier (or NPI), educational background, information about your affiliations with hospitals and health systems, licensure information, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically
USE OF INFORMATION
We use the categories of information we collect to facilitate the admission process with hospitals and health systems at which you seek to practice and to authenticate your MD-Staff Passport account. We also use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services;
- Send you technical notices, security alerts, support messages and other transactional or relationship messages;
- Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by MD-Staff and others and provide news and information that we think will interest you (these communications will include instructions on how to opt out);
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our products and Services;
- Detect, investigate, and help prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and help protect the rights and property of MD-Staff and others;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations;
- Create de-identified, anonymized, or aggregated information that we use only in a de-identified fashion and will not attempt to re-identify, except as permitted by law; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We disclose the categories of personal information described above to the following categories of recipients:
- To hospitals and health systems that are MD-Staff customers. By creating your account you instruct us to make your account information available to our customers, without additional action from you. Among other things, this allows you to seek admission without re-entering your information.
- To vendors, service providers, contractors and consultants that need this information to provide services to us, such as companies that assist us with web hosting and fraud prevention.
- To our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests.
- If we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- If we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe that you have violated the law, or if we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of MD-Staff, our users, the public, or others.
- In connection with, or during negotiations of certain corporate transactions, including the merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
- When we have your consent or you direct us to do so.
We also disclose aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
If you reside in California, this section applies to you.
In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information: identifiers and educational and professional information. For more information about the data points we collect and the categories of sources of such collection, please see the Collection of Information section above. We collect personal information for the business and commercial purposes described in the Use of Information section above. In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed personal information to the categories of recipients identified in the Disclosure of Information section above for the business and commercial purposes described in that section.
Your Privacy Rights
California residents have the right to (1) request to know more about and access your personal information, (2) request deletion of your personal information, and (3) request correction of inaccurate personal information.
To request access, correction, or deletion of your personal information, please contact us.
We may verify your request by asking you to provide information related to your recent interactions with us. If we deny your request, you may appeal our decision by contacting us.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your privacy rights.
If you are submitting a rights request as an authorized agent, you are required to submit proof of your authorization to make the request, such as a valid power of attorney or proof that you have signed permission from the individual who is the subject of the request. Please do not provide any sensitive personal information in connection with this request, such as a driver’s license or other government-issued ID. In some cases, we may be required to contact the individual who is the subject of the request to verify his or her own identity or confirm you have permission to submit this request. If you are an authorized agent seeking to make a request, please contact us.
Applied Statistics & Management Inc.
32848 Wolf Store Road
Temecula, CA 92592